There may be times you feel you’d like to see the medical records we keep about you or your child. You can request these records in writing, explaining why you need them and the timeframe you would like them to cover.
Requests can be made via post to:
Keech Hospice Care,
Great Bramingham Lane,
Or by email at email@example.com.
We will consider your request and reply, explaining how long it will take for us to get them to you and making arrangements for collection.
The Caldicott Guardian is the member of staff responsible for requests of this kind. Our Caldicott Guardian is Elaine Tolliday, our clinical director. Her role is:
- To ensure personal information about patients is used legally, ethically and appropriately at all times.
- To champion confidentiality throughout the organisation, and make sure the importance of confidentiality and data protection are reflected in the organisation’s strategies, policies and procedures.
- To apply their expertise in confidentiality and data protection to cases involving patient information.
- To oversee all arrangements and relationships with other organisations or individuals involving the sharing of patient information, whether for clinical reasons or otherwise.
- To ensure confidentiality is not broken when information is shared, unless there is an overriding public interest or the patient has consented.
- To review all exceptional requests for information about patients, such as requests from the police, a safeguarding authority, a family member or legal representative of the patient.
- To make sure information is not supplied until a legal basis has been established.
- To act as a focal point for any staff concerns or queries about confidentiality issues.
You can learn more about how we protect your information by reading our ‘how we use and safeguard your information‘ leaflet.