Emotional and practical support

What is social work support?

Dealing with the practical aspects of caring for a child with a serious illness can seem daunting sometimes but we can help. Our children’s team includes a social worker and a social work assistant, who can talk to you and your family about both your emotional and practical
needs so you have the advice and support you need to cope.

What kind of things can you help me with?

Lots of things! We can advise you on issues such as education, housing, finances, charity applications, transition, equipment and holidays. We can also support you with making funeral arrangements and getting access to statutory services.

The social worker deals directly with a range of professionals in the NHS and other organisations, to take the lead in safeguarding your child.

How do I get to use this service?

It’s easy! Ask a member of staff or contact our palliative-care social worker on 01582 492339 or email social.workers@keech.org.uk.