Provide complementary therapies to life-limited children and their parents/carers at the hospice in Luton.
• Assess patients for and provide hands on complementary therapy treatments.
• Advise, support and involve family and carers in providing simple therapy techniques, and/or hints and tips to take home.
• Must have a nationally recognised qualification in a minimum of two complementary therapies (reflexology, massage, reiki, aromatherapy or infant massage)
If you are looking for an opportunity to volunteer your time and skills in any other complementary therapies, then we’d love to hear from you!
• Must have a nationally recognised qualification and a minimum of two years experience post qualified, in one or more complementary therapy. (Indian Head Massage, Shiatsu, Acupuncture, Hypnotherapy and more)Sign up today
The Wellbeing Centre supports and educates patients to self-manage their conditions and improve their wellbeing through walking, exercise and movement therapy sessions.
• Volunteers and staff support patients in the self-management of their condition to improve their well-being and quality of life.
• To assist the Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist in the running and setting up of palliative rehabilitation and wellbeing groups.
• Excellent communication skills to communicate with patients, carers and families.
• To ensure consistency in wellbeing groups, this role will require regular commitment
Legal notice © 2023 Keech Hospice Care, Great Bramingham Lane, Streatley, Luton, LU3 3NT. Registered Charity Number 1035089. A company limited by a guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales (no. 02904446).